desiging for a Haiti scale earthquake

Or on your own site. I did that with the catenary dome post, although I'm tempted to properly digitize an entire book, in part using optical character recognition software so that, among other things, the text becomes searchable.

If what I glimpsed of the moon is any indication.

I'd even be fine with a heterodyne parade.

What about fuzzy logic?

Seems to make sense. What do you think of the idea of letting AI programs loose online to learn, reproduce and evolve. Do you think that would be possible/feasible, and if so, what do you think of an emergent consciousness as a possible result? Maybe this is/has already being/been done.

Unsure I quite understand that bit but it seems a little reductive. Then again, what happens when everything gets boiled down and we ultimately find out that what's left is pure consciousness/"nonsense"/ imagination/dreams/tarot-cards/religious belief/ESP/"idiocy"/etc?

Cool vacuum tubes. ;)

When we homeschooled our son we bought a $300 telescope and saw the things you described and you are right. Pictures don't compare to the real thing. A picture is trapped in a 2d world but the telescope presents its image in 3d. You can see the *roundness* of the moon for example. That telescope was irritating because it was so accurate, so sensitive, that it took awhile just to set it up. I'm convinced that if you got seriously involved in that sort of thing you'd have to get a permanent setup, that is, set it up in one place and leave it alone. You couldn't line the scope up on the intended target for it was way too sensitive. Therefore it had a smalled scope on the top that you aimed the thing with. Once the smaller scope was on target then you got down to business with the knobs on the cables with the big dog and zeroed the whole thing in. And then some idiot bumps the leg in the dark and knocks the whole thing out of whack. Arrrrr....... We did some time lapse pix that came out pretty cool for amateurs. Locking the trigger on the Canon FTB SLR camera caused the scope to vibrate so I used an album cover over the scope lens to shield the image from the camera rather than remote camera trigger. We also bought a microscope in the same price range and looked at stuff going the other way. Again, pix don't compare. You'd be surprised to see whats in the rain water that runs off your roof. I looked thru the micropscope at 300 power aimed thru my 2nd set of glasses and saw the interior of a quark and it was scary man, like looking at gods sphincter.......

Dated hell. That place has been a disaster from the beginning. Seems like just about everyone has experimented with it at one time or another. I just did a refresher course on its entire 6 centuries of history and something has been flawed there all along.

My um, spelling, punctuation and written grammar have taken a steep downturn in the past few months and I don't know how to account for it. It started withn the first two letters of every sentence being capitalized and I've tried to slow down a little and let my keyboard catch up. (I have the same problem all the time, but with my mouse, in autocad - I click on a tool button and I'm back down on the screen trying to move stuff before the button even knows I was there...arrrrr) And lately I have letters all jumbled up in various words. So all I can do is reread the stuff and try to sort it out.

I think in german.

I failed that stuff throughout school, never had much use for it.

Is graffiti considered literature?

If you're connected to the net while doing all those things, maybe an emergent consciousness is trying to communicate.
But I kind of understand how you feel... In my case, I've lately been hitting some unknown key or key-combo that places my text-cursor somewhere else in the form field. It also messes with my mouse control and I sometimes have to "reset" it with my touchpad buttons.

Possibly some of it.

By accident I found out that if I hit the *Insert* key in mid sentence it starts to delete the sentence as I write it. (I hit it by over shooting the Backspace key) It took me awhile to figure out what was going on. The solution is to hit the Insert key again to turn it off. WTF is it for anyway?
Anyway, I suspected I was low on Vitamins D & C and started taking supplements back in Nov when I got sick. I'm an outdoorsy person and I wear little in the way of garb when I'm out there so this cold weather is not good at all. Its about 18 degrees out right now and I'm wearing a t-shirt as usual but I'll be out in the sun less than 1 hour today and thats not enough vitamin D to get it, so I take the pill. The D is real small, about as big as 2 BB's and the C is giant, shaped like a football and about 1-1/4" long.

It ain't what *I* think, its what the people in charge think and what they think changes all the time. Back about 2004 I predicted that some day the only home design that will meet code approval will be cast concrete dome homes. I stand by that still.

"Naomi Klein Issues Haiti Disaster Capitalism Alert: Stop Them Before They Shock Again --Klein-haiti
Journalist and author Naomi Klein spoke in New York last night and addressed the crisis in Haiti: 'We have to be absolutely clear that this tragedywhich is part natural, part unnaturalmust, under no circumstances, be used to, one, further indebt Haiti and, two, to push through unpopular corporatist policies in the interest of our corporations. This is not conspiracy theory. They have done it again and again.' " -- Democracynow.org
As for temp/emergency/or even permanent shelter/housing for Haiti and anywhere else, I'm inclined to suggest some natural building techniques. At the outset, this would also seem to offer Haiti some element of independence and control.

Please Note: Ben nassar's post is actually mine. (I presume he also posted through Google Groups to another group before my arrival.)