chocolate?

http://tinyurl.com/24vau8

I saw that earlier this week. Not the place *I'd* want to put chocolate, but to each their own.
--
Charles Jones [ snipped-for-privacy@frii.com ]
Loveland, Colorado, USA

Me neither, (seems like a waste of chocolate) but what if your religion told you have to? People do weird things in the name of religion.

People do weird things, full stop. :-)
--
Charles Jones [ snipped-for-privacy@frii.com ]
Loveland, Colorado, USA
says...

You got me there.
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Kind of coincidentally, I was researching holly today, and came across this: "Several holly species are used to make caffeine-rich herbal teas. The South American Yerba Mate (I. paraguariensis) is boiled... and steeped in water [and]... its leaves have the highest known caffeine content of any plant. In North and Central America, Yaupon (I. *vomitoria*), was used by southeastern Native Americans as a ceremonial stimulant and emetic known as "the black drink"[12]. As the name suggests, the tea's purgative properties were one of its main uses, most often ritually."

Ceremonial barfing.... I guess you don't wear your Mary Janes and new white tights to church....Sometimes I wonder if religion is the illegitimate love child of demagoguery and fear, while the latter was married to boredom.

Yaupon is, IIRC, native up through Texas and I think other areas of the US SouthWest. I have one in my back yard, tho' it's only about 9' tall at this point. I read somewhere that British naturalists gave it the Linnean name of *Ilex vomitoria* because they were trying to discourage its use, and that it's not necessarily a purgative unless one isn't accustiomed to the high levels of stimulants in it.
I'm thinking of trying the Tea thing...if I buzz around like a maniac, maybe it'll help me lose weight ;)