Check this out..

A guy bets his girlfriend that "any stupid website could get tons of hits, simply because people are bored all the time."

She takes the bet and he posts up a basic black background website

(the rest is here):

Pierre Levesque, AIA

"Pierre Levesque, AIA"

But if I select/don't select that link, then will either prophecies be fulfilled?

Reply to
Frankendrip

Well, basic black background with white and yellow words on it... IOW, took all of about 15 minutes to create. No fancy frames, tables or cells, no scripts (except for the small copy/paste java counter), no additional directories (the 1 image is in the root directory...

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

It's a fraud. Don't click on any of the links or you'll just be giving this guy free advertising money.

Reply to
Edgar

Exactly what I thought initially... Links? There are none... You can even check the source code...

There are a few c>> A guy bets his girlfriend that "any stupid website could get tons of

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

He used to have advertising links as a way to "pay" for that shoddy site and the bandwidth it accumulated from word of mouth. He's been found out, and is way past his 2 million mark, so he might have just given it up, who knows.

Reply to
Edgar

Either that or you're thinking of one of the "knock offs" like helpwinmybet.com (note the MYbet vs THISbet. It too is off-line now)

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

Possible. The one I saw was much longer and had much more updates. He's probably recycling the thing under a new domain and redoing the whole thing over and over.

Reply to
Edgar

"Pierre Levesque, AIA" wrote in news:KUn4g.1449$Te.406@trndny04:

15 min if you don't know squat about making a website. I'd say more like 5.

Good ad technique, though. I'll have to try that one...

Tables and frames are passe' CSS and !!

;)

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Kris Krieger" wrote in message news:auv5g.5855$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

I was undoubtebly being nice... otherwise I'd have said ONE minute!

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

"Pierre Levesque, AIA" wrote in news:15z5g.4717$Nv3.3558@trndny02:

You're just generally nicer than I am ;) I'm working on becoming more of a curmudgeon, heh.

Reply to
Kris Krieger