Busy, busy, busy.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/
Under " WATCH NASA TV NOW " Click on the " Launch NASA TV Viewer"
Reminds me of the days when I used to fix my own cars....

(Except for the ground support, of course.)

Don't these guys have a union? I've been watching now for 36 hours and they haven't taken a break yet! Wait!... I've been watching now for 36 hours and I haven't taken a brea~~~~ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

I was thinking the same thing. Also, they're in virtual fishbowl. Every waking second is spent in radio contact with someone on the ground...not to mention that there's a guy at mission control with a monitor who knows when you've peed in you diaper.
These guys are amazing specimens.

Oh wait, I forgot. These aren't shots from outer space. It's all really a sound stage and set in Arizona. These aren't even people, they're animatronics...

Yeah. They way that tether, with all that junk attached to it, floats around in front of their faces as they try to work around it just doesn't look quite real.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Oh wait, I forgot.again... It's all really an UNDERWATER stage and set in Arizona.
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

a certain amount of bone loss that comes with these missions. I wonder if the overexercise has anything to do with it or whether it is simply the weighlessness.
Galina

I think it's the latter. Bone density and weight bearing exercise correlate.