Building Code Height and Area Limitations

Hello All, I have created a calculator that checks Building Height and Area in compliance with the Building Codes for buildings up to 6 stories, with up to 4 occupancy groups at each level. It also calculates the Frontage increase factor. There are two versions of the calculator: for 2007 CBC and for 2006 IBC. These applications are available for free, by request at: http://www.ara4help.com
ara4help wrote:

Seems like it could be an interesting application. however, why not make calculations for Basements (especially if walk out or finished) an optional part of the calculation. Ditto mezzanines.
You have no name and no suggestion of privacy on your request page, so it is unlikely that I will provide you with info to harvest, thus will have to forgo your calculator.

One level of basement need not be included in calculations as long as it complies with sec. 506.1.1. Sec. 506.4 (Area Determination) deals with number of stories ABOVE THE GRADE, therefore it is not recommended to use this calculator for analyzing multiple levels of basements. Per Sec. 505.1 the mezzanines are considered portion (and the area of the mezzanine should be added to the area) of the story below. This application is created by a professional to help professionals, not to harvest info. Furthermore, I recommend you look more closely, my name and all necessary information is provided on the website: www.ara4help.com Good luck!