birds nest stadium - what's "unwrapped steel"?

There's lots of references to the new stadium in China hosting the 2008 Olympic (BirdsNest) saying it was made from X miles of "unwrapped steel". Anyone want to describe what unwrapped steel really is? Is it like HSS (Hollow Structural Sections)? Where can I find a picture of what a typical cross section and connection looks like?

Exactly what it means there is no cover on the structural steel, roof or walls etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing_National_Stadium
http://www.bsminvestment.com/events/nonferrous/metal/program.htm

No. It means the total arc length of all curved and straight lengths of steel structural columns, channels,angles and beams etc. used in its construction when they all are laid end to end... an indicator of the size of Nest and amount of steel that went into the making of the gigantic structure.
Narasimham

How much of that steel was purchased from the remains of the World Trade Centre???? It seems to me that there was a large barge of steel that was towed away from New York to China at about the same time they were building the Bird's Nest.
On 11 Aug., 00:23, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I used this group among others , many years ago, to publish a smart new construction method I named 3D Honeycmb , I remember very few realised that this method solved a number of problems, could see that here was a newer before realised new way to use the computer and a program , to allow the program to generate a smart assembled frame structure. --- Main arguments in this group then, was ; "How do you keep the rain out" . Today that method has been copied in several instances in modern architecture, still with the more fame architect stars no one ask "how do you keep the rain out". Realy I find this sad, sad that the response for a great new idea, are bad jokes.
On Aug 11, 3:23 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

No. It means the total arc length of all curved and straight lengths of steel structural columns, channels,angles and beams etc. used in its construction when they all are laid straight end to end... an indicator of the size of Nest and an indicator of the amount of steel that went into the making of the gigantic structure.
Narasimham