Are there any musicians in the group?

Page 2 of 2

Does that make you a mulatto-tremolo? :)
wrote in message

I think that made me *Yugoslavian*, although that concept would seem to be out of date.
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

currency for a decade. They voted themselves out of remnant Yugoslavia and independence.

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Hmm, Kaba Gaida is what it is called in Bulgaria but this is a deeper greater sound and actually a more ancient type than the kidn you are talking about. One of my dreams is to go to this festival they have in Prilep, Macedonia where about 3000 or so gaida players (and a few tapan players, the two instruments kind of going together soundwise) are playing something together in , say 11/13 rhythm and a few of the people around are dancing to it.
There's a lot of gaida stuff online. Here is a guy learning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0fFCLdcXc

Here is the most famous gaida person, Pece Atanasoski:
http://www.videoplayer.es/video/pece-atanasovski---macedonian-gaida-player--dance-teacher-1/Zt1tinvq7cY /
Macedonian/Rhodopian gaidas have kind of a chirp possibility in their play along with the chanters and etc
Encourages people to stop smoking, for sure. Gotta have a certain amount of lung capacity to fill that large goatskin.