Any good guidelines for house design?

Page 3 of 3

A valve on a vent line? To what purpose?
It's also surprising to find out after all these years that what I thought was a real person (Don) is really a two dimensional piece of cardboard!

He's talking about a Studor vent. In email Ken told me the issues surrounding running a plumbing vent through the exterior wall/roof so I suggested a studor in the attic, like I have.

The AAV doesn't have to be outside. The whole point is that it is inside and you don't have to run a vent line outside. The normal function of an AAV is not to let sewer gases out, but letting air in to help the lines drain better.
The real issue is whether your local code allows an AAV to be the sole means of venting, and that _is_ an issue of letting sewer gases out. Kind of odd that the expectorator shot it down on freezing issues instead of blowing up your house issues.