Amber Room

Page 2 of 2

Secretia Green wrote:

I'd enjoy that. I, too like Danish Modern although I have very little of it since only certain pieces have compatibility with my mostly Asian furniture and woods. At least, post your "steal". Maybe the dealer just wanted to cut you a break, maybe no one had been interested in the style for a while.
I like to visit the SCAN store in Falls Church, Virginia which has remained fairly true to its roots, only without some of the nice Finnish pieces they used to carry, the favorite of which was, for me, an indoor picnic table in teak slabs, beuatifully finished and polished with accompanying benches.

Add pictures here
✖

✖

You mean on a monitor screen?
Add pictures here
✖

I mean with headgear, or in a pod of some kind, but there's no reason it couldn't be seen on a monitor. I just think the experience would be more lifelike the other way, where you could choose where you go and look up or down at will or peek around the corner. Have you ever done one of those flight simulator things in the mall? They strap you in a sling and put you in front of a screen, where you are able to fly anywhere in the "environment" you want. You grab the handles and go. It's pretty effective and tons of fun. You can fly along with other airmobiles between skyscrapers, scoop down into the caverns beneath the city or in another mode across the Grand Canyon into the sky.
Add pictures here
✖

Oh. You mean the HoloDeck! Deck seven, aft. Follow me......
Add pictures here
✖