Re: ww3 architecture.

Don wrote in another post (that's getting too long).

> "Einstein said something like this" > "I don't know how World War III will be but World War IV will be > fought with sticks and stones." > "The only living things will be at the molecular level, bacterias, > viruses, etc." > >
> It's rumored the Russians (from Soviet times) had some 20-50 > sq. miles of underground shelter, atomic proof, supervolcano > proof, asteriod proof. > Self contained and sufficient using atomic reactors and grow-ops, > wouldn't doubt it knowing Soviet psychology. > Morloks. > Ken

With a half life of 4500 years all over everything they would become the worlds largest prison and graveyard.

Reply to
creative1986

Whoever wrote this should forget about Soviet psychology and do some reading on Soviet economy instead. There is no way a county bankrupted by Cold War (and half-destroyed by WWII before that) would have been able to afford any of that, never mind the psychology.

So, if you want a fallout shelter, looks like you are going to have to build one yourself... Or fix yourself a janitorial gig at a US school built in the 50s or 60s - you'll always have keys to a fallout shelter, must feel very reassuring ;)

Reply to
DA

You don't know Russian (x-soviet) economy, except what they tell ya.

Same.

The thread affects architect uniquely, the pessimisim Don introduced is abrogated by technology, specifically atomic. Ahead could be self powered buildings, free from the grid, that could even supply it's own food.

Cheers Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker