Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

When buildings stopped making sense
"John Silber's 'Architecture of the Absurd'...is a thoughtful argument against the excesses of 'designer' architects and urban-planning utopians. Mr. Silber, the former president...
8
8

Internal Air Quality
I was wondering if there was much happening these days with respect to improving the air quality in homes? Inner-city homes that is. The amount of dust and road soot that settles on my floors (esp....

The third rail of IQ testing
IQ testing has been an issue in our hose over the years. This is not a bad article in three parts. Links to all three near the top of each page. Kinda makes me wonder when phrenology will make a come...
18
18

home calculator
Hi, i'm looking for a software for 3d house design, and a calculator for all building materials (wood) needed to build it. Thank you Bonjour, je recherche un logiciel qui permet de dessiner un...
1
1

Greate place to get tools and other hardware supplies.
has very good collection of products and prices are good too. Currently they are running a promotion, Coupon code 'savebig20' gives $20 off $100. Check it out.

Anyone want to review my house design?
Hi all, I'm looking for anyone willing to look at my house plans and give me some feedback. I'd really like to know what people think are the biggest problems with my current floor plans....
15
15

It's happened before...
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Eco-ruin 'felled early society'
4
4

FA Bombed Buildings of Britain WW2 1943
The Bombed Buildings of Britain ,A Record of Architectural Casualties 1940-1941 Edited by J M Richards with notes by John Summerson,Architectural Press,boards a little worn,otherwise in good...

FA Monmouthshire medieval houses vintage architecture
Monmouthshire Houses A Study ofbuilding techniques and smaller house plans in the Fifteenth to seventeenth centuries Part 1 Medieval Houses by Sir Cyril Fox & Lord Raglan ,Pub. National Museum of...

Re: Old building methods for modern buildings?
"Michael Bulatovich" wrote in news: I thknk the point was not traditional-versus-modern, but rather, not simply throwing away ideas that work well, merely because they don't appear to be new. ((I...
14
14

FA Architecture in Oxford Stone 1931
The Story of Architecture in Oxford Stone by E A Greening Lamborn 1931 Press 288 pages. Interesting old architecture book with the emphasis on work in Oxford Stone.

Help! I lost a free "green" house plan
it was DOE or HUD sponsored...87 PDF pages I think. It was a complete house plan for free. I think I retrieved it about July 2007, I did file search *.pdf etc ...cannot find it. It was 2x4 stick built...
2
2

Are you ready for "geoengineering?"
Panel Discussion | Science
5
5

Max.length of 3 meter unbuttresed double-brick wall ?
Here is S.Africa, where they had a burglary over a 1 meter high wall, they have highened the wall to 3 m. with old-used [but good quality] bricks which they had lying around. I have heard of...
5
5

Re: Welp...
Cool. $40K is a nice chunk o'cash. 0744 Floor Model (1) | drawer1986 | Flickr
3
3