Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: BLAMM!
On 07 Dec 2007, Don wrote Good luck -- no; really -- I don't want to rain on the parade. But I'm a cynic: I figure if they had even a scaled-down working prototype they'd be selling their...
6
6

Could never happen in my jurisdiction...
mind boggles at the approvals process. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/071205-village-video-ap.html

chocolate?
7
7

New type of Solar Cells have 90% Efficiency?
want to be "long" on Platinum, I think. Dye-sensitized solar cell - Wikipedia

Old architecture photos from my travels
Check them out here: about prices for prints on website if interested. Contact me on my site! http://www.followfocusproductions.com
1
1

Re: VoIP
No phones when power goes out and 911 could have trouble finding you. Other than that, it's a pretty good deal. I got rid of my house phone and use only my cell. We were basically just throwing...
1
1

Re: You know what they say....
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. He was surprised in his own home. People should walk around armed in their own homes? 'course not. The question is not guns, it's safety, and what he did or didn't...
23
23

Ok, is it a child or a lamb in the background?
11
11

Is "Catastrophe Delayed", "Catastrophy Denied?"
would appear that there was once life on Venus, and they messed up their climate somehow, and now look at their runaway greenhouse effect.....a cautionary tale for Earth... oh....wait....(Shame on...
4
4

Xmas
My tradition, even years before I was married into one of the 12 tribes, has been Chinese food and a movie....and of course, crankin' the Streisand. (Don't tell anyone she borrowed her sound...
2
2

Re: Fingerprint Reader
On 03 Dec 2007, Don wrote Because it means you don't have to invent/remember/change any of your passwords anymore. I think.
5
5

Re: CAD Keyboard?
where's the rest of the alphabet? It would work right up to the point where I needed to put a note on the drawing that had the letters I, J, L, P, U, V, Y other than that it might save a few...
9
9

Devout Irreligious
For some reason, in thinking about Don's proverbial freemarket/anti-gov stance, my thoughts casually wandered upon some religious "approaches", that... ...despite the best arguments-- the many...
3
3

Re: Finally...
"Don" wrote in news: IIRC, there is a concept in Hinduism called the "Brahma Year". I first read about it in th book "Cosmos" (dunno whether the book came before the series, or visa-versa). Anyway,...
2
2

Data Center Design
I'm a student at Penn State and I am doing a project on looking at strategies to reduce the energy consumption of data centers that may consume 30 kW per rack. Does anyone have articles on new...
3
3