Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chinese drywall
Be careful what you specify -- or FAIL to specify.
8
8

FA Medieval Mediaeval mason Masonry old history of
The Mediaeval Mason by Douglas Knoop and G P Jones,ex public school lib,otherwise a good sound copy. 272 pages. This is a superb read and covers the culture,craft and life of the ancient...

Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired mystery home
I am trying to track down a claimed "Frank Lloyd Wright" inspired home. I've been inside of it and it certainly has all of the characteristics of the original designer. Obviously, it wasn't...
5
5

concrete block fence footer.
------------------------------------- I want to build a concrete block fence 6 to 8 feet high in FL. Does anyone have any idea how thick, and how deep the footer needs to be. I know there are many...
5
5

Dade County FL
Hi, Does anyone here have any experience with obtaining a building permit in Dade County, Florida? I have been told some horror stories by subcontractors down there. The job is only to construct two...
8
8

Re: New Years Resolutions.
What's a radio? Happy New Year right back at you, Ken! R
17
17

Difficult to furnish a modern home?
I am still working on my house but started to see the light at the end of the tunnel...knock on wood. So now we are trying to decide on some furnishing. The house is done very clean line and somewhat...
8
8

Re: Dale Farm Traveler's News
closed Closed by whom?

Re: New LBP rule for contractors
More Nanny-State crapola. I want my kids to have all the same opportunities I had. Look! A squirrel! http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/renovaterightbrochure.pdf...
1
1

Structural Steel Detailing & Structural Engineering
Structural Steel Detailing is a part of Structural Engineering Services that are used in building construction. They are vital in case of preparing detailed drawings of building components. These...

Re: Tested thermal windows.
Get one of the IR thermometers that do spot readings. Point and read. They're cheap enough and will give you a surface reading, not an air temp reading. An air temp reading will most likely be...
4
4

2nd rate architect?
Are you a washed up or second rate architect? Southend-on-sea, Essex, England is crying out for you.
1
1

Laminate vs. Acrylic
It's me again, the guy with the "replace the bath tub with a threshold-free shower" remodeling job . Another contractor was here last week and suggested that once the tub is ripped out we use an...
6
6

Re: occupancy permission.
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news: Hi Ken, That's pretty good. It took us about 8 years. Didn't worry us too much as the Chief Building Inspector at the time didn't have one after 9 years. The...
10
10