will 1 1/4 in pipe fit into a gas meter

I am installing a brand new gas line in my house. I have calculated about 65 feet of total gas line needed to reach all of the existing and proposed future appliances. The total BTU's that I have calculated are 230,000. These calculations suggest that I need a 1 1/4 trunk running along the top of my basement. I will use reducers where needed to drop down to feed the appliances. My question is how do I get a 1 1/4 gas line connected to my meter that currently only accepts 1 inch gas lines? Do I put a reducer on the 1 inch pipe from the meter to expand it to 1 1/4? It seems a little odd to me that the proper installation sequence leaving meter requires me to go from small to large. It seems more normal to reduce the pipe leaving the meter.

Thanks, Jason from Ohio

Reply to
Jason

You will need to contact the gas company to get another meter that accepts 1.25" pipe. I am not sure of the Ohio code, but the International Fuel gas code, the fire code and most likely the local codes will require a permit and mechanical inspection in order to assure you don't blow up your home.

Reply to
stanhvac1