Why should a weak battery interfere with RD-600 controller operation when controller is hard-wired to power source?

Shouldn't a weak battery only be a problem in the case of a power outage. I had the same intermittent problems with the controller as mentioned in other posts. Replaced the battery and was surprised to see the problems go away......but I am confused as to why the weak battery could cause a problem for a hard-wired controller unless there was no power.

Reply to
ddyaz