We have a Kenmore Front load washer, 417.4004299, bearings shot, oil leaking, Can anyone tell me if it iis a 4 cubic feet or more or less ?

I want to buy a new machine, NOT a Kenmore. But I did like the size . Can anyone tell by the model number how many cubic feet it was ? That information is not written on the machine, or in the manual. 417.40042990. Bought it in 2000. bearing are shot and it spilled oil on the laundry.

Reply to
Sara
 Many people have been reporting problems with early 2000s Kenmore front-loaders around 2005-2006, so yours had a longer life than many. A machine you would buy today would be designed  differently, so no reason to exclude Kenmore completely.

Anyway, getting back to your question, Kenmore 417.4004299 is a 3.1 cu. ft. washer, not 4. The capacity isn't straight-coded into their part numbers.

By the way, the same machine was sold under the names of Kenmore, Electrolux, Frigidaire, Tappan, White-Westinghouse, Gibson and Kelvinator (it's actually made by Kelvinator - manuf. code 417). So, if you are trying to avoid the maker of your old machine, you'll need to expand the list :)

Reply to
homeowners

This is a common issue with the earlier front loaders.  I would suggest an upgrade and take advantage of your power companies energy star rebates.

Reply to
laundry101