oil furnace goes off every 4-10 days but works after hitting reset button?

It is a FHA system. We are away for 10 -14 days and only here 2-4 days. When we come back it is 37' and when we hit the rest button it goes back on. This is the 3rd time in 8 weeks. Now it smells fumey Thanks

Reply to
joe austin

It sounds like it is misfiring due to a need to be serviced. The oil nozzle is probably restricted and the electrodes are dirty and out of adjustment.

Reply to
stanhvac1

I totally agree. Have it serviced as soon as you can to improve fuel efficiency. Plus, these two simple problems left unchecked can cause other problems over time. Also check the filter.

Best investment I ever made was a gold service plan with my oil provider. It's almost $300 per year but covers one cleaning in the fall and covers most parts replacement. With an older furnace, it has paid off in spades.

Reply to
Anonymous

Agreed. The system needs to be professionally cleaned every year.

Reply to
Anonymous