Need a manual for our Kenmore 70 water softener. Cant even get the top ff to put salt in.

I recently lost my husband. He was the one who always took care of the furnace, water softener ets. Well, I would like to get the water softener working again but I cant even get the top off to put the salt in. Then, once I get the salt in, I dont know what to do next. It has not been running for the last 3 months, do I need to do something before I try yo get it operational? How frustrating, Makes me feel so DUMB ! The model is a Sears 70 Solid State water Softener. It has been here since we moved in almost 20 years ago but seemed to be doing an adequate job. Sure can tell a big difference since it isnt running.

Reply to
Mary