lt1000 starting problems

A friends Craftsman LT1000 riding lawnmower is dead at the key. He has replaced the key switch, battery, and tested each of the safety switches without any success. We tested the relay and it is working fine. If we short across the relay switch the starter moter runs. We checked the ground connection and it is okay. What else can we check?

Reply to
Anonymous