Lennox pulse G14 furnace clicks, but nothing happens

This seems to be an intermittent issue. I will turn the thermostat to heat, and the furnace will click, but nothing happens - it will keep clicking untill I turn the thermostat to Off position. If I leave it on Heat, it will simply keep clicking to no end.

After a day or two of the thermostat being in the Off position, I will turn it to heat, and it will click once, and then it will start running and the blower will start blowing heated air into the living space. Once the desired temperature has been achieved, the furnace will turn off. Subsequent calls for heat will just make the furnace click with nothing happening.

It is a gas furnace.

Any body has suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Thanks,

Robert

Reply to
Anonymous