how can I cap off a 1 1/2

I have leak in one of the one pipe steam system and I would like to cut pipe and cap it. The reason I want to cut pipe is because its very old and will probably do more damage to the system. I want to repair it later but for now I would like to cap it off. My question or questions are is there a metal unthreaded cap , and would a rubber cap work? The pipe is

1 1/2". Thanks for your help Hank.....
Reply to
Hank johnson

Absolutely, just cut it and rubber cap both sides of the cut. You want to keep air out of the system whenever possible, to avoid internal rusting.

Reply to
Anonymous