hose open, water storage tank empty, now pumps water only 1 minute after recycle breaker after 2 hours or more, 2G/m well?

An "automatic timer" on a hose failed and emptied the 2500 gallon storage tank. No water in house. I heard water pumping last night. This afternoon, still no water pressure. Storage tank still near empty (water level at bottom sensor). I recycled the well pump breaker and water flowed for about 90 seconds and pump shut off. Waited two hours (wellman could get water again in August 45 minutes after well went dry after new pump installation) and recycled breaker again. Pump comes on, water goes into tank, pump shuts off very soon. System is set for pump waiting 90 minutes before coming on again, but I wait hours and hours and pump won't stay on for more than a few seconds. What's the problem? (I removed cover of Pump Saver relay and while inspecting contents of box, relay clicked, pump came on, water flowed a few seconds, pump shut off. Moving cover of box on which relay is mounted caused occasional clicking of relay, but no more water.) (Had 2000 gallons delivered last time this happened and pump cycled normally afterward.) Any way I can coax this well to fill the tank again even if incrementally without spending $200 for a truckful of water?

Reply to
John the Reluctant Rodent Rancher