Faucet water comes out full blast for about 10 seconds then tapers to a trickle

We just moved into a house,when we turn on the faucet water comes out full blast for about 10 seconds then tapers to a trickle and my land lord refuses to fix it. What would cause this problem. Also my wife is disabled,would there be a law in Texas against my landlord not fixing the problem.

Reply to
Don

if you have a pressure tank in the line, pressure from the tank (could also come from pressurization in the water heater tank) gives good flow until tank pressure is relieved however supply to tank is probably stopped up with scale or something else.

Reply to
Anonymous