Baseboard heaters

I am looking into installing 5 1000 watt baseboard heaters on the second floor of my house. Would it be ok to run one feed to a junction box in the attic from a double pole 30 amp breaker and feed them individually from that?

Reply to
Anonymous

No, get an Electrician (it's worth it) or home-run 12-gauge wire to each heater, each on their own 15 or 20-amp breaker. Reasons being, a junction box is more so just a bridge and you need a Sub-Panel to safely run that much power...an oven range at full tilt.

- By my estimate, you're running at least 40-amps and you never want to wire for just-enough or borderline. You always need to over engineer and should be using 6-gauge copper wire on a 50-amp proper setup...read the, possibly, quite thorough instructions again.

Reply to
Anonymous