Advice on converting oil to electric - we have a 15kw solar system -

Just finished a 15kw solar system. Average (summer/fall-June to Oct 9.5 MWh produced) Would like to start with conversion to eletric hot water-presently ours is oil burner with aux tank. Next would do heat pump0 For the winter in New England this year would like to supplement with portable elec heaters- but am concerned on the amp draw with our 100 amp service.

Any pearls on how to go about the conversion?

Reply to
Anonymous

looks like you will need to heavy up the system since an electric is going to need a 50 amp upgrade to carry it ... this is a standard size breaker for a 40 or 50 gallon tank.. Suggest that you also consider going solar and a much much larger tank.. 350 -500 gallons if you choose this option.

Reply to
Anonymous